Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Color of Voodoo...

--- First Blog Entry--- Day 3 of New Orleans---

Last night Caitlin, Jodie, and I went on a 'OH SO EXCITING' HAUNTED history tour at 8pm... well that was pretty much like a Social Studies class in 6th grade. Don't get me wrong, it was very informative and interesting, but I thought we were going to have time to take pictures... that didn't happen at all. Since we didn't shoot last night, Jodie and I decided to go back to those spots this afternoon, but, they are boring locations in the sun.

So... my topic for this photo essay has changed. It is too annoying to try to creep out photographs that have no creep whatsoever. I have decided to concentrate on the color of Voodoo. I don't have any knowledge when it comes to the actual religion of Voodoo so that also adds to why I changed my mind.

Getting that out of the way... Jodie and I had a pretty eventful day. We hit up 2 different Voodoo shops (Rev. Zombies Voodoo and Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo) and a Voodoo Museum (I can't remember what the formal name was) and we both got, in my opinion, great photographs. I finally feel good about my essay!

whoohoo... success

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Nice images so far, Maria. I can't wait to see more!

Michelle